View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 02:33 AM  
Nehal
Newborn Pup

Talking Expert Advice Needed please!

Good morning all,

I have a beautiful Syrian Hamster who I have named Yogi. He had been put up for adoption at Pets at Home and we brought him home at the tender age of four months. He has been with us for about three weeks now and he is so beautiful, but I have noticed a few small things about him for which I need all of your expert advice:

1) Water
Yogi does not like drinking water at all. I re-fill his bottle everyday. I also have a small bottle of vitamin drops which I also sometimes put in there but he just does not seem to like drinking water. In order to keep his hydration up, I do feed him cucumbers and carrots but is there any particular reason as to why he does not drink water from the bottle. Alternatively, are there are any ways in which I can train him to drink more water? He is slowly getting bored of cucumbers and carrots.

2) Climbing
Yogi is a very active hamster and is constantly climbing and chewing on the wire mesh of his cage. I have a small simple sized cage from Pets at Home. My best thoughts would have been that he needs more space to run around and play in his cage so I have bought him the Savic Hamster Heaven Cage, which should hopefully mean that he is happier. However, is there any advice that anybody has out there in regards to any of this?

3) Handling
Yogi definitely does not like being handled. He will sometimes smell my hand and then just walk away. He is definitely tame and he has never bitten anyone but he seems to just be so wriggly and active whenever he is out of his cage that it proves very difficult to handle him and he is always quite resistant of it too. Any advice - it would all be helpful

Please help!!!
Nehal is offline   Reply With Quote