Thread: Oily Fur
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 10:14 PM  
mydearhamsters
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Oily Fur

So I have a roborovski hamster - Mocha. His cage is quite small but its the only cage my dad allowed me to buy. After the few months I got him, his fur started to part and became very oily. he stayed at one spot for a long time. I got worried that I got an old hamster cuz the staff in the pet shop doesn't know how old he is. Anyways, he looked really dirty and i know i couldn't give him a shower (with water). Ive tried providing him sand baths but he wouldn't use it.
Also, he wouldn't use any chew toys I provide him. He really like to eat nuts, carrots and sunflower seeds tho. He is a timid hamster, he also nibbles. He will bolt off overtime i open the cage when I first got him. But now he is quite steady, still kinda timid. He isn't that dirty before... until I accidentally left the cage opened and he got out and ended up going behind the fridge. (don't worry, I got him back).
Will his teeth overgrow for not using his chew toys? Will he get any sickness by looking that dirty? Sorry for asking so many questions, Im a new hamster owner. Please help me out.
mydearhamsters is offline   Reply With Quote