Thread: New cage advice
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 04:20 PM  
Amyhx
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New cage advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
The Eco Habitat is a better size. Some people have put sheets of coroplast/correx on the base (plasticized corrugated cardboard). You would need to be prepared to mesh or screw metal strips over the inside wood corners if she started chewing them and possibly even mesh over the side vent holes if she started chewing at those.

This is the custom glass tank from Jungle Pets - it's a good length (120cm) but not very deep (38cm). Comes with a lid and built in glass shelves. It's not a bad price compared to the eco Habitat and Marrakesch. They will also make you one the size you want so you could ask for 115cm by 50cm deep. I had a quote for something like that and it was going to be about £115 I think. 38cm deep isn't too bad though as the sides are straight - similar depth to the marrakesch or a detolf. Even though 120cm is longer than your cupboard, you could have some overhang at the edges.

Hamster Gerbil Mice Tank with lid and shelf and ladder - 48 x 18 tall X 15
Thanks for your suggestions ill look into it and the cupboard is by a doorway so i cant have overhang due to blocking the doorway and because of the slope of the stairs
Amyhx is offline   Reply With Quote