View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 12:55 PM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Maple

Thank you Sasha04, Scarlett Empress, Coco61, livedinhogwarts, cypher, Thin Lizzy, Rads, Josie, KarenJoycee, BorisPasha, Jeanbird7 and Razor for giving Maple a warm welcome to HC. I‘m very happy to have her in my life and I’m so excited for our adventures ahead together.

Apologies for not giving you all an update on how Maple is settling in sooner as I have been really busy plus enjoying this wonderful weather. But now I have some spare time I thought I would quickly update you all on how she been doing since I brought her home. Maple settled in really well and quickly became familiar with all the normal household noises and my voice.Maple is a very light sleeper so any slight noise she curiously comes out to investigate and gets excited when she sees me near her cage. She is still living up to her nickname “Messy Maple” and continues make more of a mess of her cage and often likes to stuff bedding or food beneath her wheel that either stops her wheel from spinning or makes an awful noise when she runs in it. Maple has also been enjoying taste testing so many new treats although I was shocked to discover that Maple dislikes mealworm and looks at me in disgust when I offer her one.

I have already spoilt Maple to so many new toys and chews on a trip to The Range, getting together enough supplies for when I set up my DIY cage - which I plan to move Map,e into at the start of next month as she would really appreciate the additional space as she has lot of energy.

Also quickly mention Maple’s taming started on Sunday which is going really well and has throughly been enjoying coming out of her cage every day - although I will update you all on her progress in more detail plus share some more photos of Maple on Sunday

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007