View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 08:10 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Alternative Paper Based Bedding Options

So earlier this week I was going to order a bag of 20kg Fitch however they are out of stock. And the only Fitch that is available is the 10kg bag which I’m considering getting as I need some more substrate as I used all that I had left setting up Maples bin cage. But started wondering if there are any other options for paper based bedding available as the 10kg bag is a little expensive compared to the price of the 20kg.

So I have been looking online at other options of bulk/size paper based bedding ...
I did find tea-bag bedding however I don’t think this is safe although stating that it 100% paper. Especially as tea bags don’t breakdown in water and knowing that polymer/plastic fibres are sometimes added to the paper to stop the bag breaking down in water. So I assume this would make it unsafe to use?

If you have any other suggestion of any other paper based bedding I would greatly appreciate it. Preferably available in large/bulk bag which is fairly inexpensive? And dust free.

As I need something to tie me over until the 20kg bags are back in stock (I have emailed Fitch to see if they knew when the 20kg bags would be back in stock but haven’t had a reply yet).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote