View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 01:59 AM  
KarenJoycee
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Joining 2 bins together - thoughts and opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretlyDying View Post
Hi everyone i was wondering if anyone here could give me their thoughts on this idea i have to join two storage boxes together to create one large bin cage.

My idea is to buy these boxes Buy Really Useful 62 Litre Nesting Boxes - Set of 3 at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Plastic storage boxes and units, Storage, Home and garden. from Argos. Alone they are 70x38x41 (LxWxH) but my idea would be to cut the smaller side off of two of the boxes and attach these together - i'm not too sure how to attach them though, i've read somewhere that someone used hot glue so i was thinking of hot gluing the bottom part together and then cable tying the sides. do you think this could work?

Also due to the way my room is layed out i only have 130cm of space for the cage so would have to either take 10cm off one box or 5cm off both or have the 10cm as an overlap inside and secured down if that makes sense.

For the lids i was thinking i could cut them down to the same size as the cut boxes and create a hinge effect using cable ties and the lid could then be secured using large bulldog or similar clips - ideally i don't want my ham reaching the lids at all but it pays to be cautious and secure everything.

An example of what i want to do is here

Do you think its doable using the storage boxes i linked?
Maybe u don't need advise anymore but I did this recently, I cut the sites of, I enclose 2 pictures from when I was working on it and after, maybe it can help u.
I used a hotfixapplicator to make all tiny holes next to eachother to cut it.

KarenJoycee is offline   Reply With Quote