View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 09:12 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Pumpkin, In Memory Off...

I had no idea that I would be making this thread anytime soon but thing happen so suddenly! It so heart breaking and difficult typing this this thread especially when my eyes are full of tears.

Sadly Pumpkin took her final breath – I am I so much shock right now as everything happened to sudden to fully process and I’m an emotional wreck. This morning just as I was about to leave for work something made me go and check on Pumpkin – she didn’t seem herself and was breathing heavily – I thought I was the weather as Pumpkin fell asleep on her granite tile. I made sure my room was kept nice and cold for her. When I got home from work (I only had a short shift), Pumpkin looked a lot worse than she did this morning – she kept collapsing as she walked and looked very unwell. So I immediately called the vet whilst in tears and they said I could bring her there straightaway. I told Pumpkin to stay strong as I was going to get help so I could make her better. She was still breathing albeit less frequent but very heavy – I was called in to see a vet nurse as soon as I arrived. However when I placed the carrier on the table – Pumpkin was gasping for breath and then fell in to her forever sleep. I felt so bad that I couldn’t get Pumpkin help sooner but the vets examined her and noticed a lot of fluid coming out of her mouth and nose – possible lung failure. The vet nurse reassured me that it wasn’t my fault and I did everything I could. Everything happened so suddenly yesterday Pumpkin was perfectly fine waiting for me at 8:30 for cuddles and enjoyed her evening treats - and Pumpkin was her usual self! So I had no idea this was all going to happen so quickly.

A Message to Pumpkin - I am missing you loads already – you were everything to me and I cant express in words how much I loved you – but I know you knew! I am so lucky that your previous owner returned you so I could spoil you rotten just like you deserved. I cant forget the feeling when you began to trust me and stopped trembling whilst you were in my hands - you quickly blossomed into such a cuddly girl who loved lots and lots of cuddles - just as much as me! You helped me through so many difficult times – like when my grandma was unwell and when I didn’t feel myself – you managed to cheer me up with your cheeky antics which never failed to make me smile. I am heartbroken right now as I just want to cuddle you and give you endless amount of love. I wish I could have gotten you help sooner – so sorry I couldn’t but I know you know that I did everything I could – it so devastating that I was just too late. I am so sad that you will miss out on celebrating your 2nd Birthday next month as I had already been buying you present which you were going to receive this Monday when I cleaned you cage out – so many lovely rainbow themed toys from p@h summer range – which I knew you would love. If only I could turn back time and somehow prevent this from happening I would. I am finding this so difficult but the best way to describe you is SPECIAL! You will forever and always be my sweet cuddly troublemaker and you will always remain in my heart and be very much missed. Pumpkin I’m sure there will be endless mealworms for you to endulge on across the bridge. I am sending you endless amount of kisses and cuddles XXXXX MISSING YOU LOADS!!!

I so pleased I have treasured every moment I spent with Pumpkin and captured so many wonderful moments with my camera – so I have so many photos as an endless reminder of our time together plus her thread which I can always read through when I feel the time is right.

Play well Pumpkin at the bridge!
I know Honey, Caramel, Cotton, Cookie, Toffee and Sherbet will all be waiting for you at the bridge and I’m sure you will get up to lots of mischief together as you are all my Sweet Troublemakers!

Pumpkin will buried this evening with all of her favourite things, in my flowerbed beside all my past hamster. I too will keep some of her toys as a forever reminder too.

I will be continuing to take a break for a forum due to my recent loss of Pumpkin as well as other personal commitments. I will pop back on the forum when I feel okay to do so and when I have time.

24th September 2016 – 29th June 2018 (approximately 1 year and 11 month old)

rsz_img_4930.jpg

I feel so lucky to have this photo of Pumpkin’s pawprints – this was taken when I was ill and couldn’t get Pumpkin out in the evening she did evening she could that evening when throwing her hamtrum – even paddling in your water bowl!

Here is a a few collages made up of some of favourite photos of Pumpkin ...

rsz_img_2190.jpg
rsz_img_2191.jpg
rsz_img_4926.jpg
rsz_1img_4927.jpg

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote