View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 10:43 PM  
Drago
The Hamtologist

Default Re: 30 days of June 2018

Warning: This post contains images some people may find unsettling. If you do not like spiders, or insects in general; I do not recommend this post for you

Hello all! Sorry I haven't updated this super consistently. Been a whirlwind of a month. I have a new job, and it has drained almost all my energy. On a happier note, it's my birthday in two days! I'm excited for it as I'll be cooking my favorite soup (enough to last me several days as well!). I also remembered that I have a photobucket account that I used to post pictures here before the company decided they didn't allow third party sharing anymore I have all my old hamsters' photos in those albums, so I'll download some onto my laptop and resize them. I likely won't be able to share all my past hams, but I'll share as many as I can

Today I will be sharing more marshland critters. This time though, it is the less cute ones. I have a huge spider, a huge mosquito, and a surprise at the end My state is super hot and humid, making it a breeding ground for some weird insects. The most common ones are House Centipedes, Cockroaches, Crickets, Lightning bugs, and Cicadas. I don't recommend looking up pictures of the first two if you're squeamish!

Webp.net-resizeimage (33).jpg
a cute frog to hide the "scary" bugs

Webp.net-resizeimage (34).jpg
a huge spider. This gal was carrying a bunch of babies on her back as well! Many of them crawled on me whilst I was taking the photo

Webp.net-resizeimage (35).jpg
an unusually large mosquito. I found it biting me, but had to take a pic of it as it was so big compared to the typical mosquito size!

Today's QOTD: are you afraid of spiders?

I personally am not. In fact, I'd quite like to have a pet tarantula at some point