View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 03:21 PM  
mlwinters
Newborn Pup

Default Protein Cookie Recipe

As mentioned in Archimedes's new thread, today is his 6 month birthday. So over the next couple of days I'm going to spoil him a little. As part his celebrations I thought I'd attempt to make some protein cookies.
I got the original recipe from Erin's Animals but I added a couple of extra things for added yummy-ness.

Cookie Ingredients.jpg
My version of the recipe:
1/2 cup of porridge oats,
1/4 cup crushed dried mealworm
1 egg,
(my additions)
1 small teaspoon of flax seed,
1 small teaspoon of brown linseed,
1 small sultana per cookie.

Cookie Mix Dry.jpg
First crush up the dried mealworms in a freezer bag or a mortar and pestle if you have one. Then pour the all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix up until everything is evenly distributed. Crack open an egg being careful not to include any pieces of shell and then mix thoroughly until the mixture is a big gloopy ball.
Cookie Mix With Egg.jpg

Cookie Ready For Oven.jpg
Next divide mixture into small balls and place on a baking tray. Either use grease-proof paper or a very very light coating of vegetable oil. Then place one sultana into the centre of each cookie to hide it inside and compact each cookie a little. Place the tray in the centre of the oven at 160°C (320°F) for about 15 minutes, then place the tray on top shelf at 230°C (446°F) for 2 minutes to crisp up the top surface. Then remove and allow to fully cool before serving.
Finished Cookies.jpg

Of course, oven temperatures and cooking times will depend on your oven. I'm just quoting values for my oven plus I tend to cook any animal product for a little longer than stated on the box/packaging as I'm a little paranoid of food poisoning. Archimedes is also used to all the ingredients just it shouldn't upset his tummy.

Lets see what he thinks when he wakes up later tonight.
Feel free to make this yourself.

Take Care
Morgan + Archimedes
mlwinters is offline   Reply With Quote