View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 05:25 PM  
Hamsterman122

Exclamation Hamster suddenly biting?

So hi everyone, first time posting here on hamstercentral. I've had Paris, an adorable little winter white for around 6 months now (I got her just before Christmas) and she has always been the most friendly, playful hamster. Even just a couple days after I got her she was very friendly and always has been, and even though she might have nibbled a bit she never really bit mine or anyone else's hand at all. Suddenly, however, for the past week or so, every time you go to pick her up she bites your fingers/palm HARD, hard enough to draw blood some times if you don't let her down first. She doesn't seem angry or aggressive and she still runs up to your hand happily as she always has but without fail she will climb on and then bite very hard. I have tried washing my hands thoughroughly with different soaps but it has made no difference. I am planning on asking the vet about this ASAP but I just wondered if anyone on here has every experienced anything similar or if they might have any idea what's causing this? I just want to play with her again and let her run around not just in her ball

For reference, there's been no real change to her surroundings/cage so I'm not sure what could be causing it. She has however been acting a little strange lately, sniffing around her cage a lot and seemingly chewing her paws in the corner of her cage occasionally? Sometimes she's just eating food from her pouch but at other times it definitely looks as if she's having a nibble on her paws, never enough to cause any visible damage to her though.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas, I just hope she's okay.
Hamsterman122 is offline   Reply With Quote