View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 08:14 AM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Default Re: 30 days of June 2018

I love that you and your family grew your own herbs and vegetables. Growing cucumbers and making pickles sounded like fun. My family and I grew our own peaches, apples, pears, lemons, pomegranates, blueberries, strawberries, rosemary, squashes, zucchinis, eggplants, and banana peppers. It was always so much fun and very rewarding to eat fresh foods from the labors of love in your own backyard. My favorite things that we made from our own plants/trees were making homemade peach ice cream to top peach pies and making homemade blueberry and strawberry preserves. We used to grow lots of various flowering plants and had over a hundred different types of rose bushes and several types of climbing roses. People used to ask if they could cut a few roses to use for their centerpieces at parties, bouquets at weddings, or a kind gesture to give to those in need of cheering up; of course, we were always more than willing to have our roses bring happiness or give comfort to people's lives. My daddy used to spend hours choosing the most perfect rose blooms to place in a bouquet for my mommy, and I loved watching all the love that he expressed as he did so. In turn, my mommy always had tears in her eyes as she acted so surprised at his gorgeous and well-chosen bouquets which made it all the sweeter of an experience. Their love was one so deep and unconditional; truly like a fairy tale romance unfolding right before my eyes. It was one of the most beautiful and touching relationships that I have ever witnessed, and it showed me the true meaning of love. That is why I have a special love for roses. Now, sadly, I do not have much of a yard to do lots of planting so I only have a few indoor plants and one, red rose bush outside that I tend to. I love caring for them and naming them (a bit silly - I know), lol. For example, my spider plant's name is Deku since it reminds me of Zelda's deku shrub character with all of its spiky leaves sprouting out from its head and falling in every direction, lol. (I just can't help myself; I always find many ways to amuse myself, lol.)

Your flower pics are absolutely gorgeous. They are so vivid and lovely. I am glad that you are greeted with so many pretty flowers in your garden, around your house, and in your neighborhood. I always find that flowers have a way to make every day so much more pleasant.

Pop rock, alternative rock, country, and opera are my favorites music genres although I love many songs from other genres as well.

"...she fell into a deep sleep, and dreamed the dreams of the dreamtree." ~Stephen Cosgrove
Mum to Duchess. Fur Angels Eros007, Arwen, Hinata & Snickers 4Ever.

Last edited by dreamtree1234; 06-18-2018 at 03:38 PM.
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote