View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 04:24 PM  
aimsdavies
Newborn Pup

Question Hamster Not Coming Out...

Hiya!
I’ve had my female hamster, Puff, for roughly 2 weeks now and I’ve noticed some changes in her behaviour recently.
Up until today, with some fluctuations in time, she’s been up and about by 8pm and is usually asleep by 8-9am, with periods of being awake around midday onwards. I’ve noticed that only today has she started being more reclusive. She’s hardly come out of her nest from what I’ve seen, only appearing if I gently shake the bedding beside her nest. She comes out for drinks and food, possibly a minute on the wheel and a run about, then goes back into her nest. Is this normal?
She seems completely fine when I am able to see her. She’s running about normally and doing the thing she seems to love most, which is rubbing herself along the bars of the cage. She has the same attitude with me and is seemingly comfortable around me, taking treats from my hand, sniffing me and allowing me to stroke her.
EDIT: I’ve checked on her. She seems to be awake in her nest. I listened and I can only hear her fiddling with her hoard. Why isn’t she coming out if that’s all she’s doing? Also, she doesn’t seem to want to use her wheel. She only sits on it with her ears up as though she’s listening. I’ve encouraged her to take a spin, but that’s all. She hasn’t been on it in a few hours.
Can anyone tell me whether there’s a problem here?
Thank you!

Last edited by aimsdavies; 06-16-2018 at 04:48 PM.
aimsdavies is offline   Reply With Quote