View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 02:29 PM  
JKEA
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Mother Hamster Running Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by souffle View Post
You mean you kept two syrians togther? A male and a female? Syrians are strictly solitary and should only be together for mating. Keep them totally apart now the male and female.
Are you sure those pups are 3 weeks. They look way tiny for 3 weeks. Are the eyes open at all? When was the date of birth? I don't think she will take them back now as she sounds highly stressed by the moving around and by the escape so you need to give more info on the pups exact age. How much fur do they have. You need to get rid of the fluffy bedding too as it is very dangerous as it can block up the bowel and also tangle round the babies feet and toes.
These pups are 20days old for you to compare
Attachment 45714
You're right they do look incredibly small compared to the picture you provided, should I be especially worried? And what should I do?

They were born on the 25th May, their eyes are completely open and they have quite a bit of fur although the skin is visible through said fur on the majority of them. I have now removed the aforementioned bedding. I just assumed that said bedding was safe as it was for sale at the pet shop.

Last edited by JKEA; 06-16-2018 at 03:01 PM.
JKEA is offline   Reply With Quote