View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 07:08 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: 30 days of June 2018

I missed the question about the favourite song. And having been around for a very long time I find it hard too! There are so many and they change with different phases of life and ages - and I actually do have a playlist! My first "favourite song" (and this really dates me lol) was when I was 10 "White Horses" by Jackie - and it's still special. Recently I heard a song on the radio from the 60s - a lesser known one but it wowed me at the time (we did dance drama to it at school) and it has been played 3 times this week! And I think it's a powerful song and shame it's not remembered more. "Eloise" by Paul and Barry Ryan. Couldn't say it was my favourite ever song though. I also have some big favourites in Spanish and French pop music which are very different and also in Scottish folk music!

But if I had to choose one favourite song over everything else it would be Led Zeppelin's "The Battle of Evermore". Most people choose Stairway to Heaven but the Battle of Evermore always made me think of mystical things like the Lord of the Rings and the singing is beautiful.

Sorry -I'm such an oldie Lol. The nice thing I found though is suddenly all your favourites from different eras and experiences make an interesting and eclectic playlist

So if I could have categories then:

Rock - The Battle of Evermore - Led Zeppelin
Folk - Green Grow the rushes 'o'
Scottish folk - Marie's wedding (drums version!)
Pop - too difficult to choose
Non English - Me llaman Calle - Manu Chao
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote