View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 06:38 AM  
livedinhogwarts
Hamster Pup

Default Re: How To Disinfect A Cage, Wheel, and Toys That Belong To A Hamster With Wet Tail

@Serendipity7000

I think in that case I'll keep him in his old cage for a couple of weeks or so just so he can settle down and adjust. I'll have to wait and see if he feels stressed in that cage though, in which case I'll move him to a new one after a week. My hammy isn't fully tame, so I think putting some toys in the bathtub would be better for when he's a little antsy. He's quite an energetic little one and I don't want him to run off or anything. Hopefully the flying saucer wheel be alright for a week or so. He has a little compartment in his cage which is sort of like a safe spot and he usually sleeps there, but putting a tissue box in his cage could be a good addition too.

I'll definitely try what you said with putting the old cage's base in the new cage. It's great for getting him used to the new cage while still having the familiarity of the old one! As for the cleaning, I agree that spot cleaning is the way to go for the first couple of weeks. I wouldn't want him to feel lost like you explained.

The hamster litter tray would definitely make cleaning easier, but for now I don't think I'll be getting him one. In the future I might do though, so the information you gave me helps a lot. Thanks for all the help and advice- I really appreciate it ^_^
livedinhogwarts is offline   Reply With Quote