View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 05:27 AM  
WretchedCake
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Do you think my hamster's cage is too cluttered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
I didn't mean to lower the first level just the higher one, with plenty of substrate the lower level would be ok.
Corn cob bedding isn't really good to use, depending on which country you are in there may be much better alternatives & ones that won't spill out through the bars so much ( a little coming out & making a bit of a mess is all part of having a ham ) digging & burrowing is all good natural behaviour so it is important that the substrate is deep enough for that, covering the door to the house is normal too, you could put a bendy bridge in front of the door to make it darker.
I would use a container of some sort for the sand rather than just using a bendy bridge to block off that area or sand will just get everywhere & it would be very difficult to sieve out any pee or just change the sand without doing a whole cage clean which you definitely don't want to do.
Thanks again, I'll add more substrate as soon as possible then!
I'll change bedding type as soon as I'll end the one I currently have (at least here in Italy I can only find corn cob or wood chips, so I'll try that) and do as suggested!
WretchedCake is offline   Reply With Quote