View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 05:59 PM  
Drago
The Hamtologist

Default Re: 30 days of June 2018

Hello all! Hope you've all had a wonderful day

Today, I will be sharing some of the local nature in my area. I spend a lot of time outside, working, and volunteering so I'm lucky to see so many lovely creatures. As I live in the Southern region of the US, it's very hot and humid here- meaning some of the animals I see are very unusual compared to other parts of the country.

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
A copperhead. These are venomous so never touch them if you come across them. I held him down for my safety to take the photo. I also moved him off the trail using proper snake handling methods.

Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
This is a small herd of deer I spotted just earlier this week. They seemed happy to share the trail with me

Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
Sadly, I almost ran over this little guy while I was biking I stopped, and moved him to a nearby stream after taking this picture!

All these particular animals were seen whilst I was biking- which I do very often. I know I have workouts and targets to hit, but I just can't ride past such fascinating creatures

Today's QOTD: Have you ever been horseback riding?

I guess I myself should answer the questions lol! For day 1- my favorite food would be soup. For day 2- my favorite color is black. Today- I have been horseback riding several times. I usually go several times a year as I work as a stablehand