View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 04:29 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: How To Disinfect A Cage, Wheel, and Toys That Belong To A Hamster With Wet Tail

Food bowl should be easy to clean and disinfect - bottles have lots of places for things to get trapped and can get rusty bits if soaked a lot too. You could just wash the food bowl normally with washing up liquid but pour boiling water over it afterwards to kill anything.

I'm pretty sure it was this Beaphar deep clean our vet recommended. It's what I used but it wasn't for wet tail but moth eggs! Put the cage base in the bath, sprayed it all over with this, left it on for 20 minutes then filled the bath left it to soak for another 20 minutes. Then belt and braces I poured boiling water all over it! Then just left it to dry and air. With the cage top I sprayed it all over, wiped the disinfectant into any nooks and crannies, left it for 20 mins then rinsed it off with the shower.

Then leave it to air for a few days. If you get a sunny day, sun and air are helpful.

Basically discard anything that isn't washable and small things you can put in boiling water.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beaphar-Dee...e+disinfectant
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote