View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 04:18 PM  
Drago
The Hamtologist

Default Re: 30 days of June 2018

Thanks all! It's quite odd, and unfortunate that this has happened. I can't let myself get too down though, as this is just a part of life. I'm on iron supplements now, so hopefully we sort it out. Worst case scenario, a blood transfusion down the road could fix it (if it doesn't sort itself out). Enough of my issues though, I don't want to bore any of you :P

Today I will share the story of my rabbit! A little over a year ago, I adopted an animal who has become my best friend; my lovely rabbit, Willow. I never intended to adopt a rabbit, as I had been planning for a Chinchilla for many months. However, I realized the temperature of this house gets much too hot for a chin. I was sad, but decided it was for the best. The very next day, I was strolling through the local shelter (as I often donate treats and the like) and I saw the cutest little rabbit ever! It was love at first sight, and I knew she would come home with me. I spent the next few days researching like mad, bunny-proofing a room, and purchasing all the supplies I'd need. Later that week, I met my little love. She was so quiet and calm compared to all the other rabbits, melting into the floor happily whenever I'd pet her. I fed her a bit of celery, and decided that she was the one. She wasn't very trusting at first, shying away from me, panicking when picked up, and hiding. However, I gained her trust enough that she runs to me whenever I open the door to come in the room. She was quite neglected when she first came to my local SPCA, and had been in and out of the shelter system for most of her life. This made her cautious, and nervous. With time though, she's warmed up to people, and I'm quite happy that she has.

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
here's a photo of the lovely gal

For today's QOTD, What is your favorite color?