View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 03:26 AM  
CookieBlossomBella
Hamster Pup

Default I got my boyfriend a hamster...

Before you say anything... I know I know. It feels like my family are getting a new pet every 5 minutes BUT I have had this little guy secretly for 2 weeks now. (considering he comes round my house every other day, i did not understand how he didnt realise)

So starting from the beginning...
For a while my boyfriend has been saying he wanted a pet that was not a family pet but his parents denied him a dog or a cat or a rabbit since they were require a lot of attention. He was devastated, and that is when i had the idea of getting him a hamster. This seemed like a good option as they are they do not require AS MUCH maintenance and do not cost as much as the pets mentioned before (he also was not interested in goldfish as well, they dont do much). So, i phoned his mum and asked her how she would feel about me giving him a hamster and she said it was a great idea! So 2 days later I went to 3 different p@h but none of them in my area had hams up for adoption and since getting Bella i have decided i dont want to buy anymore but i was running out of options so i went to a little independent store near my house who keep really good care of their hamsters (they only stock males) and i decided i would rather but my money into this business than into the p@h chain.

So, I purchased a hamster from there and put him in a spare hamster heaven i keep in my loft. He has been living in my mums room for the past 2 weeks as i didnt want my boyfriend to see him as the little ham is part of his 18th birthday present from me (his birthday is tomorrow so that is when i will be giving him to him). The reason i got him a couple of weeks early was so i could do some taming with him (although he was practically already tame) and so he got used to his new cage so that would not be something my boyfriend would have to do himself.

I think getting him a hamster was a good decision as if he has questions he can always come straight to me (not gonna lie im probz gonna get a phone call every month saying "V, come and clean out the hamster for me" but all in all i am positive it was a great idea.

Obviously, I have not named him yet as i think that is his decision so i have just been calling him "lil fella" for the past couple of weeks. I do know he is a definite male and he is definitely a very curious hamster who loves to explore everything but he is also a very chilled out hamster.

Tomorrow i will add a post to this thread giving you my boyfriends reaction (hopefully it will be a good one)and what he has named him. I am not sure he will join this forum as he is quite busy with schoolwork and will probably just ping me a text if he is unsure on anything and if i dont know, i can just ask on here myself. Below I have attached a picture of the little guy (ignore my little brothers manky feet haha). I hope you didnt mind reading this stupidly long post and that you are excited to hear updates on him
fluuu.jpg

Slave and mummy to Bella and Flan
I miss you so much Cookie, Blossom & Maduros. I hope you are stuffing your faces over the rainbow bridge xx

Last edited by CookieBlossomBella; 06-04-2018 at 03:32 AM.
CookieBlossomBella is offline   Reply With Quote