View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 01:47 AM  
CookieBlossomBella
Hamster Pup

Default How often to feed hamsters treats?

Hey guys, it is me again!
So i was just wondering, am i giving my hamsters to little or too many treats. Below I am going to describe their "treat routine" and i would appreciate some feedback on it

Bella (syrian i obtained as a baby on 13 april): gets a furry friends treat (a small stick that tastes of vegetables) in her food dish every 2 days. If she is awake in the mornings when I leave for school, she gets a small portion of plain brown bread (part of my breakfast). Is this too often or not and should i be giving her her furry friends treat more often or not as often?

Flan and Maduros (hybridised dwarfs who i got a couple of weeks after Bella. They also live together): Like Bella, they get some brown bread if they are awake (this is often only Maduros though as Flan likes her beauty sleep). Every 3 days, they each get 3 yoghurt drops. I know they dont get treats very often I am just really paranoid they will get diabetes.

So, please post below what i should do to improve their diet, whether it is increasing or decreasing treat intake

Slave and mummy to Bella and Flan
I miss you so much Cookie, Blossom & Maduros. I hope you are stuffing your faces over the rainbow bridge xx
CookieBlossomBella is offline   Reply With Quote