View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 03:16 PM  
luckadoodledoo
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Please help- skittish and shy!

Hi! I'm back with some good news~ Since starting the thread, I've been trying the tissue trick each night and he's been using it for his bedding. Tonight we tried the bathtub trick; I was transporting him between his cage and the tub with a see-through plastic crate + log tube. He was happy to explore and go between the gaps in my crossed legs (I'm quite tall so didn't want to take up the whole tub with my legs) and didn't flinch much, if at all when I stroked him very softly. He could smell something on my fingers but just put his mouth around my finger tentatively to test if it was food, not to bite. When he started clambering in the tub after about 5 mins of tub time, I got him back in the crate, however he wasn't getting back into the log tube so I had no way to move him back into his cage. He managed to clamber up the surface of the crate, so I put my hand out. He hopped on with all paws and just kind of stopped for a second, as if he was thinking 'oh? This isn't bad?'. I carefully popped him back in his cage, he ran a few laps and looked up at the cage door (which worried me initially, but he seems to have chilled out now). No biting, no freaking out. He's done so well tonight, I'm really proud of him!
luckadoodledoo is offline   Reply With Quote