View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 07:42 AM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Default Re: Introducing one robo to another a day after getting the first?

Since there is a high chance that they will fight especially since they have been apart for approximately a day, I would not suggest putting them together. I just personally don't think it is worth the risk of them fighting or possibly killing one another. If you do decide to have two robos, I would suggest that you consider having them live separately since there is a high possibility that they will end up living on their own in the end anyway. If you are still planning on housing them together, please keep in mind that although robos are social animals and are able be housed in single-sex pairs (preferably coming from the same litter), there is always a chance that they may have a falling out with one another. In order to minimize any potential fighting, they should not be separated for any length of time and there should never be anything in the cage that they can become extra territorial over. Also, all houses, etc. should have two entrances/exits just in case one needs to make a quick escape from the hiding place. There should be two of everything - wheels, water bottles, food bowls (although scatter feeding is another great option), houses, and sand baths, etc. I would also change out all of the current substrate, give the cage, toys, etc. a cleaning in order to remove the scent of the robo that is currently living there, and have the two of them enter the cage together at the same time. You should keep a watchful eye that one isn't bullying the other and one doesn't gain weight while the other remains smaller (which can be a subtle sign that one is preventing the other from getting proper nutrients to grow). I would still be sure to have a second cage on hand at all times just in case it suddenly becomes apparent that separation needs to occur immediately. Good luck with whatever decision you choose.

"...she fell into a deep sleep, and dreamed the dreams of the dreamtree." ~Stephen Cosgrove
Mum to Duchess. Fur Angels Eros007, Arwen, Hinata & Snickers 4Ever.
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote