View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 08:33 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Meet Nibbles (plus advice needed)

It won't do any harm to have a look to see how much food she's eaten or if she's peed in the house, just make sure you don't startle her, just talk to her softly while you do it & keep any interventions to a minimum for now.
If she's taken food into her house then she may be making a hoard in there so she will still need more even if she hasn't eaten it.
It can take a while for them to settle on one place to pee, to begin with she may use several places so it could take a while to find, I wouldn't worry about it though, unless you find a noticeable wet patch just wait & see, don't disturb her too much hunting for it just for now.
Unless it's something like the water bottle or wheel that need straightening out I would just leave things be, generally hams don't like things too tidy
It's usually best not to do more than spot cleaning pee (when you find it!) for at least the first few weeks.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote