View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 02:10 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Questions about robos

I think it would be worth using the whole detolf but having a third of it (one end) as a digging area - ie filled deep with substrate - so the floor area itself is a bit less. That would leave you with a 100cm cage approx plus the deep digging end. I have also been confused about the idea of house tops when people say no levels - a way round that might be to have subterranean houses (ie sunk in the substrate) so the flat house roof is level with the substrate. You can scoop out a channel of substrate down to the entrance. Or just have houses with round or pointy tops! You can have three wheels (just a minimum of two) so they have more choice - eg a syrian sized wheel, a dwarf sized wheel and a flying saucer - you'd have plenty of space for that. I would use open wheels with a pair though, rather than wheels with holes in that could be hard for them to jump in and out of together. Apparently they run well together in a syrian wheel, but still have the option of using a different one if they want to do their own thing.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote