View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 01:00 AM  
EnerHam
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Wallace's Thread

Wallace seems to have settled into his new home. I decided last night was the night to begin the taming process.

Wallace didn't look too impressed at the sight of my hands in his cage at first, but I guess the call of the tiny chunk of apple between my fingers was a little too hard to ignore. So he marched up to me, screeched, took the apple and screeched again as he bumbled away.

After a few minutes of sitting in his bed munching, he came back over to me and sniffed my hands. I tried to hand him a pea, and this time he took it with no screeching and promptly dropped it. But he did have a nice munch of it later on.

I didn't want to push him too far, so after about ten minutes I withdrew. Over the last few days, he's been waiting until the room is silent before coming out, but tonight he stayed out while I was in the room. He is so fast!

Taking photos wasn't easy, but here are the few that didn't come out too blurry:

Here he is eating the pea after I dropped it into his bowl:

And here are a couple of him sitting on top of the house hes refuses to use(his bed is in the opposite corner under the platform):

He looks a lot bigger than he actually is in the latter two pictures.

Last edited by EnerHam; 05-06-2018 at 05:15 AM.
EnerHam is offline   Reply With Quote