View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 01:26 PM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Default Re: 31 Days of May 2018

Aww, I'm so sorry that your DIY project didn't turn out as you had expected. I'm not sure what youtuber you got your idea from, but have you considered viewing VanillaHamHam's youtube on making paper mache items for hammies using PVA glue, different items around your house, and toilet paper? I believe that she has a really informative one called Stripey Halloween Snake Tunnel; but you can modify what idea you are creating and use her video only as a guideline to create something else if you are interested. For example, you can create a house similar to the one you were attempting to do previously, except you can use a large, handle-less mason jar, wrap it with saran wrap, and then build your paper mache with the method she described. When it is completely dried, you can remove the saran wrap and the mason jar and should just be left with Kylo's new hideout. I also know some people have used cardboard boxes or partial tubes as their base structure, combined them to make paper mache castles, etc. for their hammies homes. I think making a paper mache with strips of toilet tissue dipped into a mixture of PVA glue diluted in warm water is a stronger structure, and the sky is the limit on how creative you get. Lol, you can even possibly create a Star Wars themed spacecraft (or even an imitation Darth Vader head) if you desire to have something like that as a hideout for Kylo - just a thought.

I hope that you don't mind me making this suggestion. I just know how frustrating and sad it can be when I try to do something very special for a loved one and it doesn't work out. Sadly, it happens often enough so I always am so eager to get any ideas and helpful hints on what worked well for others.

"...she fell into a deep sleep, and dreamed the dreams of the dreamtree." ~Stephen Cosgrove
Mum to Duchess. Fur Angels Eros007, Arwen, Hinata & Snickers 4Ever.

Last edited by dreamtree1234; 05-05-2018 at 02:25 PM.
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote