Thread: To Laurie
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 11:02 AM  
actual junk
Hamster Pup

Default To Laurie

A tribute to my lovely lovely Laurie, who had to be put to sleep on 1st May 2018.

You were truly the greatest, sweetest little pal. You kept me company in the evenings, and you slept 95% of the time because you were just a lazy little baby who only wanted snuggles. The joy that I would get just seeing you up and about, enjoying your little hamster life, was immeasurable. You were the best and cutest bud, and I hope you enjoyed your time with me as much as I did with you.

I remember when I first held you and you had a quick wash and then found the crook of my arm for a little rest. I remember doing taming sessions in the bath tub and you playing funny little games going everywhere you shouldn't, just so I would scoop you up again. I remember the way you chomped down with glee on baby corn the first time I gave it to you, and the rate at which you could get through a broccoli floret. You could hoover up seeds at a rate of knots, and you could be a right fuss pot cherry picking your way through your hamster mix, but boy could you pose for a picture. You were so lovely, and had so much trust in me, and I'm so grateful for that.

I don't know how on earth you managed to shatter your bottom tooth, but I'm sorry that you did, and that it didn't grow back healthily. I'm sorry that you didn't get to pass naturally, but I'm glad you are no longer in pain. I hope you can enjoy endless broccoli, sunflower seeds, naps, pumpkin seeds, more naps and also naps in your next life, and that your lil bod can make some beautiful flowers grow.

Love you long time lil man, I miss you loads.

To the sleepiest boy of them all.🌿

actual junk is offline   Reply With Quote