View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 12:05 AM  
EnerHam
Hamster Pup

Default Re: I'm adopting a new friend tomorrow!

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like the setup. I'm a complete novice when it comes to interior design but I really do like how the aesthetics turned out. I like blue. You might be able to tell.

The last 14 months have been nothing short of hell, to be honest. Becoming stressed over their sicknesses and then heartbroken over their deaths really took a toll on me. Three guinea pigs, a rabbit, two gerbils and three hamsters. Two of which I lost in April. I've only got a single guinea pig left.
That's why I've decided to take on fewer pets in the future. I think it's for the best.

I've been keeping an eye on all my local rescues for babies/younger hamsters, but they don't have any hamsters at all at present. The one closest to me has ten tonnes of gerbils and the other two seem to focus more on guinea pigs and domestic pigeons respectively. There aren't any breeders near me, either.

Pets at Home's adoption section does seem to have a few older friends waiting for homes, though. There's one particular boy I have my eye on. I'm hoping he'll still be there today. No idea how old he is exactly, but judging by the not so good photo online he's not a baby.

I'm so excited!
EnerHam is offline   Reply With Quote