View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 03:47 AM  
CookieBlossomBella
Hamster Pup

Default Two new additions!

Hello everybody,
I am currently writing a very exciting post to introduce you all to my new Russian dwarf hamsters (campbells). Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of them as of yet as they are not the most photogenic but as soon as I snap a good shot I will add it as a new post under this thread! As soon as I told my boyfriend what I wanted to name them he got really confused until I explained to him why I wanted to call them this so I am going to explain and hopefully it will make sense! Now I am originally from Cuba but moved to the UK when I was 8 but I miss Cuba as it is where I consider home to be. So I called my campbells (likely hybridized) Flan and Maduros. Flan is the Spanish word for a pudding but more specifically, a crème caramel sort of thing and Maduros which is a Cuban dish of sweet fried plantains. So umm hopefully you don't think the names I gave them are too weird but I just wanted to bring a bit of Cuba to the UK and there is no better way to do it than through my one true love: hamsters!
Now I am housing them in the Ikea Detolf which I believe is big enough to house a pair of hamsters but please correct me if I am wrong as I can always build a massive diy tank if I really have to. I have provided them with 2 wheels and 2 food dishes as Flan has seemed to be very dominant over the pink spotty food dish!
Colour wise, both of them are the traditional grey colour that you normally imagine when you think of a Russian dwarf. (Also I am aware that they are probably both hybrids).
Oh and one thing I forgot to mention is that both of them are super cute females. I will give you updates on taming probably on this thread but I may make another one on process of my girls' taming and just general personality quirks I discover about them ( one I have already noticed is that Maduros is very clingy to her sister! Despite this, Flan seems to be very clingy back and they absolutely love eachothers company. I am just hoping this love does not turn in to hate).
If they do begin fighting, would it be alright to just split the detolf down the middle or would this be a little small!
Hopefully you enjoyed reading about my new arrivals and did not think that I rambled too much
CBB

Last edited by souffle; 04-30-2018 at 09:24 AM.
CookieBlossomBella is offline   Reply With Quote