View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 09:17 AM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Default Re: Guilt after housing hamsters in too small a cages

Please forgive yourself. As others have said, standards and the ability for hamster owners to be informed about these changes have changed drastically over the years. The most important thing is that you had and still have the very best intention to give your hamster(s) the very best life possible. I am sure that you did that with what you knew at the time. Hamsters don't only need large cages, they also need an abundance of love and care which I am certain that you gave to each and every one of them. Your past hamsters could feel that love, and I'm sure they were grateful for it. They loved you and they would want you to be alright and realize that you made them happy. Now that you know the changes in the standards, you are able to give your current hamster an even more luxurious life and I'm sure both of your previous hamsters will be looking down at you from the Rainbow Bridge and be happy to know that you have another ham to love and spoil. Give yourself a hug, forgive yourself, and thoroughly enjoy your current ham to the fullest.

"...she fell into a deep sleep, and dreamed the dreams of the dreamtree." ~Stephen Cosgrove
Mum to Duchess. Fur Angels Eros007, Arwen, Hinata & Snickers 4Ever.
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote