View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 05:44 AM  
Ullumini
Newborn Pup

Default Trying to introduce new hamster to old one! Help!

I recently bought a new hamster for my little one, Pip. They only have a week difference (Pip is three weeks old and the new girl is about 1.5~2 weeks) so I knew they would grow to be the same size but the new girl is still really small and I think she's a little scared.
They started fighting occassionally (but thankfully Pip is very calm so there have only been a few) so I decided to separate them for a while. I let the new one roam around the cage with new bedding, freshly cleaned houses and toys. I wanted to let her spread her scent so when I reintroduce Pip maybe she won't be too agressive to her. Yet she won't come out of the house to spread her scent and I can't put Pip back inside or she'll bully her again.
There was a sibling I separated her from so I think it would be better if I house both of them together, but I've become so attached to Pip it would hurt to let her go! Letting Pip without a companion is not an option. I've put Pip in a bin for now with some tubes, popsicle sticks and a lot of shredded tissue. I've even put plastic wrap on top with punctured holes. I don't want to have her stay in there for long but I don't want her to bully my new one.

Help??
Ullumini is offline   Reply With Quote