View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 04:56 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: 30 Days of April 2018

Day 24

Nugget's big adventure

The next few days will be about Nugget. I moved him to the Savic Mickey 2XL yesterday. We've had him 8 months and he's only had one spot clean His cage didn't smell but it was ready for a clean. So I set up the Mickey 2XL with some substrate and a few toys and thought I'd see how he liked it. He really enjoyed having a playtime (for about 2 hours!) and explored the cage and a couple of new things in it and seemed quite happy. He also discovered the flying saucer and likes it a lot! Last time he was in a play bin with a flying saucer he just hid under it. So he's older and more confident - but still not tame lol! He runs from hands and won't take food from them. However the cage is good and I could put my hand in at a level and he at least ran over my hand - progress!

I then had to put him in the pet carrier while I transferred everything over and set the cage up and moved him in - he's ok but expect it'll be a few days before he's settled and no more taming attempts for a while!

As well as taking a shine to the flying saucer, Nugget rather liked this coconut. So that has stayed in.

Attachment 45163

Here he is on the flying saucer. I have some videos but they're not ready yet.

Attachment 45164

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-26-2022 at 04:45 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote