View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 05:09 PM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Default Re: Meet Pepper! Looking for handling advice.

Welcome to HC and congrats on giving Pepper a loving home with you. She is absolutely adorable and I love her coloring. I'm sorry that you lost your confidence due to the bite, but don't lose heart. With time and patience, Pepper will learn that your hand is not something to nibble. Just take things slowly, use the tissue trick, and restart the taming process without feeding her at the same time so she won't associate your hands with food until she no longer bites or nibbles at your hand. I wouldn't use gloves unless she continually bites hard to draw blood as this will not allow her to get familiar with your scent. If she does bite or nibble, try your very best not to do any jerky or sudden movements as that may scare Pepper into fearing your hand. Since she didn't bite previously, she will probably resort to not biting again soon. Just keep confident and trust in your bond. That will give her courage and allow her to have the bond that you share grow over time. Good luck with the taming process and have fun.

"...she fell into a deep sleep, and dreamed the dreams of the dreamtree." ~Stephen Cosgrove
Mum to Duchess. Fur Angels Eros007, Arwen, Hinata & Snickers 4Ever.
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote