View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 03:52 AM  
Mawuu
Hamster Pup

Arrow Feeding and Anxiety

Tonight is Luna's 4-5th day it was time for me to refill her bowl so I also added some tissue that I had rubbed over myself as a diy cardboard home.

She'd been up for a while and was playing on the bottom floor so I went in.
Her bin cage is tall on my desk so I have to use a step ladder to access the top floor, while I climbed up I called her name softly as I've been doing and open her cage bin slowly so that she wouldn't shy away. Surprisingly she was very open and was very curious though she stayed at the bottom floor.

I manage to get things done quickly and called her up by clicking a pumpkin seed on her tube. She came up the tube shortly and I laid my hand with the seed. She sniff me a bit, sometimes backing away, sometimes myself backing away.

Truth is, I suffer from an anxiety disorder and it kinda just jumps on me, so I began to fear her biting me and waited till she was uninterested in the treat and left the seed and removed my hand slowly.

I'm so happy that when I placed the cage lid back on she didnt run and hide but simply looked up as I constantly reassured her. I'm honestly a little scared of taming her because I'm afraid to be bitten but I'm wondering if its still to soon.
Mawuu is offline   Reply With Quote