View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 11:59 PM  
Mawuu
Hamster Pup

Exclamation Need Advice for new Hammy

Luna the WW Hybrid has been with me for 2 days and is still very nervous. I know that's normal but I'm still worried and just want to ask for advice.

1. Her first full day here was Monday but I fed her the night I got her on Sunday. She hasn't gone threw her entire bowl yet but I'm not sure if I should wait for her to finish it all before I bother her again?

2. Second question ties into the first question, should I feed her and change her bottle when she's awake or asleep? I'm worried because she's in a bin cage and she'll probably run and hide as soon as I climb up to open the lid. Her nest is also right under the water bottle (idk why) so I'm worried she'll also start to hiss when I get to close :/

3. What do I do in the scenario if she's always running to hide from me when I open her bin cage? How can I bond with her if she's hiding all the time?

I know its still way early on and I'm a super worry-wort but I just want her to not be terrified of me and eventually open up to me to bond with me. Her cage is in my room and I talk to her all the time even if shes not out of nest if that helps.

Thanks for any advice I can receive ;_;
Mawuu is offline   Reply With Quote