View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 04:01 PM  
Amethyst_ice

Default Re: New Syrian Girl - Few behaviour questions!

Hello,

Everyone has their own ways of taming and often the hammy will guide you...ive had ones ive left for a week and started to gentle talk to them to have them just casually walk out onto me like I wasn't even there!

Ive also had ones that never really liked to be handled much so became more of a watch pet.

I don't think it's agression or anything malicious. The world is new and hands are big and smelly. Everying is to be explored.

We have several taming threads if you search for you can have a brows at and pick what suits you best

What I would suggest though is remove any tubes for now, places to hide are comfort and will slow taming and confidence down. You need her to know you are a great food source (treats in training is ALWAYS your friend) and you are safe.

Also, ive had hamsters that are useless to be handled, touched, caught inside the cage then very slow and calm and easy to handle out.

Some people sit in the bath with a blanket and let the hammy run over them.

Personally..because I'm now old and impatient (some may say "asking for a bite" lol ), I put the ball opening at the cage opening..let the hammy climb out, settle down on the sofa with a blanket and a few treats like chopped carrot, sunflower seeds...and just plop little hammy onto my lap! I'll usually gently stroke their back, let them climb over me..and usually ill forget and just pick them up lol To date..I have been bitten twice...ever

Good luck and well done to your bf for being so calm xxx