View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 08:39 PM  
hellobg
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Savic Plaza or Barney possibly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Hello we've decided to upgrade our Savic Ruffy (80 cm x 50cm) to a bigger cage for our next hamster.
Savic Ruffy we found to be sturdy cage with a great base however the access door on the top wasn't ideal and we found the cage slightly too small at times and cluttered when filled with syrian toys!
We have cupboard space to sit a cage length of maximum 120cm by 60cm wide. I really like wire cages with plastic base as I feel give best ventilation plus you can design a lot as being able to hang toys and attach shelves to the wire.
The Barney looks a great cage (seen on zooplus) and is a fair bit cheaper than the Savic Plaza (and very slightly bigger than Plaza) -however I like the large front door opening on the Savic Plaza. Also we have two Savic shelves with ramps that we want to use and I did wonder if they would only fit properly on another Savic cage. We were unable to use two shelves at the same time in the Ruffy cage but in a cage of 100 cm length or more we would be able to along with their wheel. We also have little individual wooden shelves too which I think would go in most wire cages.
Unfortunately we are not great at DIY and don't trust ourselves making a hamster safe cage! Otherwise this would be a great option with upgrading the cage. If you've seen our lopsided bookcase your know why this isn't a good idea!
I remember seeing on the National Hamster Council website (about 2 years ago) a wire cage recommended that I believe was about 115 -120cm in length. I checked it out on Amazon but it wasn't in stock anymore. I can't remember the name as not on the new NHC website -possible called Sky Tilo? Is this cage still manufactured? As if it was available I think this would be even better as longer in length = can fit more toys.
We hope to get a new cage end April /May time. We're planning to adopt a syrian hamster from p@h or local shelter.
Sorry this is a long wish thread. Any thoughts much appreciated!
Thanks!
The cage you are probably looking for is the Skyline Tilo, as for the upgrades both seems fine. The Barney's shelves seems kind of good enough on its own since hamsters uses ground space, there are also cages in the German Amazon (amazon.de) that has a large front doors and top doors called the Borneo. The Plaza is also a good cage, though I don't know what bar spacing it has.
hellobg is offline   Reply With Quote