View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 08:23 AM  
chloeeruth98
Hamster Pup

Default Is everything ok with my new hamster?

Hi everyone from myself and Maisie (pale golden baby Syrian)! I'm a first-time hamster owner, and I brought little Maisie home less than 24 hours ago. She has a Ferplast Criceti 80x50cm cage, to which I added a tube loop around the front of the cage. She has a freestanding silent spinner, a ferplast hideout and a strawberry-shaped hideout, and also a few tunnels and gnawing toys, and an extra little corner platform with ladder.

I'm just a bit confused by her though... A lot of people say new hamsters are shy and scared, and will hide away until there's no-one around. But Maisie climbed out of the travel box I put on the floor of her cage at 6pm, and didn't stop exploring and playing in her tunnels and her wheel all evening, and was bedding down thismorning about 7am. Does that mean she is stressed and wasn't settling, or is that just happy hammy behaviour?

Also, she has made her nest not in one of the 2 hideouts I put in her cage, but in the U-bend of the clear ferplast tube that goes around the front of the cage... is this a good or bad thing? She has taken all the muesli from her bowl up there and also some bedding and some remains of a chew toy, and she's pretty much slept all day curled up in the clear tube at the front of the cage!!

Any comments/advice/reassurance would be so great!
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180316_111723.jpg (4.88 MB, 33 views)
chloeeruth98 is offline   Reply With Quote