Hamster Pup

Default Meet my hamsters

Hello everyone!

I'd like you to meet my hamsters.
Toria and iScreamy (for now).

https://imgur.com/iXSW2LE
https://imgur.com/ClAFj6d

Introduction - Toria
I've bought them in a pet shop, Toria in Zoo Frank (Germany) listed as a Djungarian Hamster. The way we bought her was quite suprising since I didn't have any cage, bedding, toys and a wheel. Just before we did bought her there was a nearby Pet Store called Fressnapf where I bought the cage called Kleintierheim Gonzales.
The cage is 76 cm x 44 cm or to simplify it I suppose, 518 square inches of floor space.

So after that I went to the pet store called Zoo Frank, I checked their hamsters. They had a Chinese Dwarf Hamster (I think it's dwarf or just chinese.), a Roborovski Dwarf Hamster and a Djungarian Hamster. So I wanted a Roborovski, but I was aware that they should be housed to glass tanks or terrariums, so I went over to check the Djungarian Hamster and Toria was there with other two hamsters of her kind. I told the staff to get the one on the corner which would now be known as Toria

I brought Toria home, where I let her be more comfortable of her surroundings by leaving her for at least 3 days. After a few weeks I did buy her another cage called the Alaska Hamster Cage. Which is pretty good starter cage now even though I already had a cage over the minimum.

End of story for Toria
(Some of you might already know my little Toria already but still an introduction for her might be nice to include.)

Introduction - iScreamy
So iScreamy is pretty recently bought in a pet store called Qualipet in Switzerland, they were EXTREMELY strict when I got him. They told me to get this terrarium cage which is 80 cm x 45 cm (558 square inches of floor space!), which already came with a lid specifically for rodents. They also told me to give him vitamin drops for his water and not to give him vegetables or fruits after 10 days and also to leave him for 7 days.

So after all that I bought iScreamy which he is also listed as a Djungarian Hamster, which I still don't know which his species is...? He's either a campbell or winter white (Can anyone help me identify his species too ? @.@). After buying iScreamy I bought him a wheel from Fressnapf and I immediately re-assembled Toria's past cage the Kleintierheim Gonzales. I also bought him a few hide outs (I also took the Bendy Bridge from Toria's cage since she never uses it and made sure to make it less smelly @.@).

(So I didn't actually get the Terrarium Cage and just told them I have a cage at home which they accepted the size and listed it on their catalogs.)

End of story for iScreamy.

I hope the story of my hamster interests you. I could also use some help like what I told from iScreamy's story, his species was just listed as Djungarian in the pet shop so he might either be a winter white or a campbell's.
I've posted this in the Winter White section due to them looking like a winter white? and also Djungarian can sometimes be a Winter White in some pet shop cases as I've seen a pet shop that listed Siberian Dwarf Hamsters even though they're really Campbell's Dwarf.
hellobg is offline   Reply With Quote