View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 07:51 AM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: Photo Month Thread - March 2018

Today is the turn of Victoria's darling son, one of the first hamsters to be born at Metallica Hamstery. Matthew C. Nobria, Viscount Metallica was born on 8th October 2016. His mother diligently kept him and his five siblings a surprise until they were nearly two weeks old. Formerly known as Nobrias 6, I decided that Matthew was definitely the one that I wanted to keep just two days before I rehomed his siblings and he was given his official name.

baby matt by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

Matthew grew well and joined the show team in February 2017 and by his third show he won Metallica Hamstery's first home-bred COM. He later took on the position of Show Team Lead in May 2017 when Lord James retired. He won his second COM at Emley in August 2017.

matt BIS by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

Matthew has had to sit a couple of shows out due to the skin splits that have ended his mother's show career and I don't know as yet what Matthew's future will hold as a show hamster.

Matthew himself is a cheeky little chap, generally good natured and very loving. He loves his playtimes, his wheel and his favourite train toy. Here he is feeling particularly cuddly.

matthew cuddles by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

24130331_781311795385473_5216977299837152173_o by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

Trivia: The 'C' in Matthew's name stands for Crawley and Matthew Crawley was a character in the TV series 'Downton Abbey'.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote