View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 02:16 PM  
Dedenne
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Barred cages is not allowed

I know, just got a bit discouraged reading about it since reading up on it I got the opinion that barred cages was better. Easier to get fresh air, add hanging stuff and reach since there are openings on the sides. I was planning to get the shelfs somewhere in the middle of the alexander cage so it would not fall so high if it decided to climb (missy does apparently not like to climb unless it is easy like the ladder she has in her cage. She likes more space since she goes bananas when I let her out in her playpen. She just do not like the tubes for some reason) and also set up a fence using ice cream sticks around the shelfs so she would not fall from there. Maybe ad in a hammock in the middle just in case.

You are completely right with the bigger is not always best part. I was mostly thinking that if a hamster wanted more space that should be possible. I was thinking of putting all the necessary stuff in the same area in the cage – food, water, sandbathe etc so the hamster would not have to move so long if it did not feel like it. And have the same in another corner if it felt like staying in the other end once it got there. But then you can also argue that that would be unnecessary if the hamster just stayed in one area but then it would be the hamsters choice and not because it does not have the space. I do not know if that makes sense really since I am a beginner and has a lot to learn but that’s how my parents do with our cat that is really old and almost never leaves the house but she is still allowed and still has a little house, food and water outside in case she feels like going outside for a bit
Dedenne is offline   Reply With Quote