View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 01:32 PM  
Dedenne
Newborn Pup

Angry Barred cages is not allowed

Hi! I just found out that all breeders in my area refuses to sell hamsters to people that have barred cages. They say that it is unsafe since they can get stuck, chew on bars, fall badly if climbing and easily get out etc.

Every Swedish page I look on tells me to avoid barred cages and it makes me a bit confused since I read here on Hamster central that they are really good. I have been planning to get two alexander cage and connect them together for Missy someday in the future (that future hamsters, maybe a Syrian since there is a law against keeping single dwarf hamsters, can use as well) but now I do not really know what to do.

She has a god sized cage (duna multi) but I was thinking “you can always go bigger” and tried to connect two cages using pipes, which she, ofcourse, refuses to use and the pipes has to go through the lid which makes them really hard to open now (jupp, did not thing that trough).

Was thinking about aquariums but I have no idea how to get one that is the size I want that does not cost a fortune and still be able to transport it to my home. I also read about silicon chewing. Bin cages would not fit in my home since I want something that looks good and not just thrown together and the duna cages just go up to a certain size. I’m thinking about making my own cage but then once again there is mesh in almost everyone and I would probably fail miserably.

I’m in no hurry to get a new cage since she is perfectly fine in the one she has, I just like planning ahead so i can save up the money. I do not know if any of you can help me with this, mostly wanted to air my frustration.
Is barred cages really that bad...?
Dedenne is offline   Reply With Quote