View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 09:44 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Pumpkin

Thank you astrid, cypher and Thin Lizzy for you sweet replies.

Snow Days

Pumpkin has been enjoying her very own snow days - she heard about this freezing weather the we have been having this week has been called the "Beast of The East" which has been causing heavy snowfalls. Pumpkin has been trying her best to convince me that this is responsible to the mess she has made in her cage with her fitch (or as she like to call it hamster safe cosy snow!). 7pm Tuesday evening Pumpkin was awake early burrowing beneath her fitch as well as creating huge piles of it to - she was unusually hyper and was still energetic during her cuddle time at 8:30 despite having a quick nap (or a recharge!).

She has stuffed the fitch around her wooden wheel preventing it from spinning as well as kicking some in her wheel too. A few time this week she has woken me up during the night wanting me to sort her wheel out so she could run in it. When I tell her she shouldn't try to bury it - she looks all innocent obviously it wasn't her but the beast from the east!

Pumpkin and myself had only been having the brief snow showers in the afternoon at the beginning of the week however today it has been snowing all day albeit very fine snow but very strong wing and freezing temperatures - resulting in me having a snow day from my volunteering! But Pumpkin was awake this morning wanting cuddles - which is very unlike her so we had some cuddles and I showed her the snow from the window but she didn't seem to impressed (and a lot colder than hamster safe cosy snow!) and she much rather enjoy her cuddles instead. Before having a snack and returning to her warm cosy house.

Pumpkin's Playbin Layout

Earlier this week I decided it was time to change the layout in her playbin she was starting to become bored with the previous layout. It did take me just as long to do as it would her Palace - I was struggling with the space available (made me remember how difficult I used to find it with her previous cage ensuring the layout as fun as possible).

However Pumpkin seems to approve of the layout and has been having lots of fun these last few evening - it has been keeping her occupied in between her cuddles on the sofa!

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote