View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 04:14 PM  
Emma Marie
Newborn Pup

Default Worried about Basil

Hi guys
You may remember my Mum adopted a hamster from pets at home who was very stressed and actually bit the lady in the shop. We are worried about him as it has been almost a month now and he is still very scared in his cage. Basically he stays in his hide all of the time and only comes out if we tempt him with treats and then as soon as he has got it he races back in again. Oddly enough he is tame to hold and seems more active in the play pen but in his cage I scarcely ever see him out. Sometimes he will hide behind his wheel for a bit but that is all.
I will provide some pictures of his cage as I am wondering whether there is anything I can do to make him feel more comfortable. He has several cardboard chews in front of his house which he will venture into for a treat but then straight back in again.

I think he may have gone through something at his previous home as his behaviour is really strange compared to all the hamsters me and my mum have had in the past.
I am hopeful that he uses the wheel in the early hours as I have never seen him on it and I have been staying up a little past midnight to watch him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Emma Marie is offline   Reply With Quote