Thread: Meet Neve
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 05:46 AM  
Moon_flower
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Meet Neve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
It's a lovely name She looks adorable. So glad she has a caring owner now. With the little cage - for now you could add lots of substrate to make it nicer for her until she has an upgrade - 3 inches or more. Something like Carefresh or similar mixed with her current bedding might make it cosy. It will also mean the wheel that is in there is easier to get into and not so "high up" so she may use it - even if it is a bit small. Our hammies sometimes stopped using their wheels after they'd been cleaned (smell different) and to tempt them back on I would put a treat in the wheel each day for a few days - that usually did the trick Also as Cypher says -a bit of substrate on top before you go to bed and see if it's gone in the morning.
The base of the cage isn't deep at all so I can't add any more substrate, she's gone without a wheel for a while so I'll just wait for the upgrade and try the methods you and cypher mentioned, it's just a matter of days now (my dad is building a diy cage for my syrian Pepe, I'll move her to his old one when the new one is ready) and I don't want to stress her too much because I'll also be changing substrate, since I finally found aspen
Where I live the only available beddings are (were) corn cob, which I use at the moment, very hard to find it unscented, and unknown wood shavings that don't smell like cedar but I can't use anyway, I tried it and they tangle my Syrian's fur a lot, I had to cut his fur twice
Moon_flower is offline   Reply With Quote