View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 09:25 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Help me please!😥

I agree about taking him to the vets. Sadly that cage isn't good for Hamsters really and it isn't cheap either! If you haven't had it long you could ask for a refund, especially now your hamster has an injured foot. I would show the photos to the place that sold you the cage as well.

It is too tall really and there are fall risks with the way it is laid out. That can be got round but then the floor area isn't that big either. For now you could take the levels out so he can't climb and fall and put a house on the substrate at the bottom for him along with his food, water and toys etc and he'll be fine like that for now.

Sorry - think you already did this! But do take him to the vets or he may lose his leg. It will give you some reassurance as well as to how he is doing.

Zooplus has some good, inexpensive cages for Syrians - the Alaska is a good basic cage. Again it needs a house on the base - the little white one is no good and the holes are too small but it's easy to remove

The floor area is a good size and it's not too tall. And has a big front opening door so easy for accessing things and taming.

Alaska Hamster Cage | Free P&P on orders £29+ at zooplus!

It might look a bit plain but you can add his toys and a few colourful things to make it individual If you do get a cage from Zooplus, it works out cheaper to order a syrian sized wheel from there at the same time as it will be postage free along with the cage. This is a popular one - 28cm size

Trixie Small Pet Exercise Wheel | Free P&P on orders £29+ at zooplus!

Both together is less than £40 and if you get a refund on the Rosewood cage you may be in profit - sort of!
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote