View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 03:53 PM  
Scribbled
Newborn Pup

Default Re: How to tame very hidey hamster, clicking his teeth

Hello! Sorry for the lack of a reply, I have read your answers and I appreciate them loads!
I decided to leave it up to Smudge to come out himself, he's been a brave hammy and came out to explore, at first I spoke to him softly for a while, then a few days later I started giving him treats. He eagerly awaits those now! Then we did the cup technique, he thought it was a game haha! And now we've come to the point where he crawls all over me, lets me cuddle him and pet him softly he comes out frequently to play and gets rewarded with a sunflower seed or a piece of veggie! And if he doesn't show I leave him alone to laze
Scribble has stopped biting as well and I no longer need to use gloves for either of my cuties! They both get the love and attention they need and should have.
We're getting places, and getting to just see them liking the attention and enjoying their toys (I've sewn them a fleece hamster tunnel maze) is enough for me to know they will live a good life with me

I'm happy I had them both despite one being a biter and the other scared of his own shadow, patience, determination and lots of understanding for your little hammy(s) works wonders! I would never give up on them because of their personalities, I would have been prepared to accept it if they didn't like to be handled, at least they would have a nice home with me

Last edited by Scribbled; 02-17-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Scribbled is offline   Reply With Quote