View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 09:21 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Robo suddenly started biting for no reason

Hello and Welcome to Hamster Central
I am sorry to hear that your Robo has suddenly started biting you.

Have you recently cleaned his cage out or added anything new? As hamsters can get quite stressed with cage cleans and changes this sometime can cause sudden changes.

I would personally recommend doing the tissue trick with him something which is often done with new hamster during taming but it might be something which might help him get re-familiar with your scent. This involves putting some white unscented tissue up your sleeves for a while to get your scent on them - then tear the tissue up in strips and place it into his cage. They will often take the tissue to their nest and therefore he might start re-associated your scent with comfort.

The only other thing I can think of is trying hand feeding other treats from your finger where you hand is at a slight distance to him until he start to feel comfortable again around you. What are you currently hand feeding him? if you are currently not hand feeding him mealworms or pieces of millet maybe this is also worth a try too - as they are a popular with Robos.

I hope he stops biting you soon!

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote