View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 07:16 AM  
Chaerx
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Robo hamsters scared of everything

Hiya!
I’m wondering if anyone can help me with my problem.
I brought a robo dwarf hamster about 9-10 months ago. She’s not vicious at all and she’s never bitten anyone or showed any violent behaviour, but she’s terrified of everything. She got suspicious about a house I put in her cage, she freaked out over a stick recently and any time I try to touch her she gets obviously frightened.
I’ve been trying to take her out in her ball often, but she gets so scared that I’m too worried to get her out more than twice a week as I don’t want to stress her out. She’s very sweet and will (very hesitantly) take food from my hand.
For around 6 months now I’ve been putting her in a hamster play penn to try to familiarise her with me and my room, and she’s still very afraid.
Appently this isn’t how robos are meant to be, and I’m not suure if it’s just a little quirk in her personality or if somethings wrong.
(I do have a Syrian, he’s very friendly and will crawl into my hands and likes being taken around the house every day. This is why I don’t think it’s a problem with my care of the hamsters as he’s very keen to be held and played with)
Chaerx is offline   Reply With Quote